[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

RE: Re[2]: SECURITY ALERT: Password protection bug in Netscape 2

On Tue, 19 Dec 1995, Paul Leach wrote:

> to other users. In addition, Windows can be configured to require a
> password to unlock the machine if it is ever left idle for more than a
> few minutes, thus protecting the user even while logged in.

Which Windows?  3.1[1]* had a password protected screensaver -- and all it
took to get around it was Ctrl/Alt/Del, Reset or Off/On.

Does Win95 have a startup level password (and I don't know because I don't
run Win95) to prevent access at all unless a valid password is entered?

Michael
Michael Brennen, President   /           /           mbrennen@fni.com
FishNet, Inc.               / Internet  /         http://www.fni.com/
P.O. Box 940451            /  Services /     (214) 783-2553 (vox/fax)
Plano,  TX  75094-0451    /           /  finger me for PGP public key

Follow-Ups: References: